Makassar is a city in South Sulawesi, Indonesia that offers a lot of tourist attractions to be explored. If you want to spend your vacation in this city, it is important to understand the possible itinerary Makassar according to the vacation duration. This article will give an example for long trip in Makassar.
The list below will describe the example of 6D5N travel plan in Makassar:
- Day 1: arrival at Sultan Hasanuddin Airport Makassar, a guide will bring you to an old harbor called Paotere to see the activity of Bugis-Makassar sailors with their infamous Phinisi boat. Lunch near the harbor. Next destination is Fort Rotterdam, which is also known as Fort Makassar. After Fort Rotterdam, you will visit Anjungan Pantai Losari Makassar or Losari Beach Pavilion to enjoy sunset. Dinner on a restaurant near the spot. After dinner, you will go to the hotel to take a rest.
- Day 2: After breakfast at hotel, you will go to limestone valley called Rammang-Rammang. At the starting point, you will ride a boat from local people to explore the Pute River that divide the valley. Once you arrive at a small village called Kampung Berua, you will see the magnificent ambience in the middle of limestone valley. Lunch on a boat cafe. After lunch you can explore Rammang-rammang Stone Park which has a lot of unique limestone formation surrounded by rice fields. After that, you will go back to the city and have a dinner.
- Day 3: checking out from hotel after breakfast and going to Tana Toraja (8 hours trip with car). During this trip you can enjoy the scenery of Buginese village with its beautiful rice fields and traditional houses. Lunch is on closest restaurant. After lunch, next destination is Kota Rantepao Toraja. During the trip, you will take a rest at Puncak Lakawan or better known as Gunung Nona. You will arrive at the hotel in Kota Rantepao Toraja at evening to check in and have a dinner.
- Day 4: after breakfast, the guide will bring you to tourist attractions in Tana Toraja. The first destination is Lemo, a cemetery built on a cliff. Next is Suaya, a tree that was used to bury baby corpse. Next is Londa, a cemetery in a form of a cave. Lunch at local restaurant. Next is Kete Kesu, a traditional Toraja village. Dinner at local restaurant, and stay for a night at Toraja.
- Day 5: after breakfast, you will go to Batutumonga. After that you will go to Bori, a megalith complex from the past. Lunch at local restaurant, and after that shopping at Kota Rantepao to buy local souvenirs. Dinner at local restaurant.
- Day 6: after breakfast, back to Makassar. Resting for a moment at Puncak Lakawan to enjoy Bambapuang Mountain scenery. Lunch at local restaurant in Kota Pare-Pare. After lunch, you will go directly to Sultan Hasanuddin Airport Makassar.
Those are the example of things to do in Makassar for 6D5N plan. You can use a tour service or having the trip by yourself.